Friday, April 30, 2010

To AJ from Cindy Koster

AJ,

I am asking C to read this to you, as my farewell....from the time I met you as UB's fiancé, you carved out a place in my heart and my head. You were so elegant, so sophisticated, so beautiful. I talked about being in your wedding for months before, and months after the event, and wore the gold linen shoes to school for the next year, hiding them away in the bushes in front of the house as they were "good" shoes and not allowed for school.

Over the years, you maintained this impression, elegance, sophistication, and beauty, and added to it in so many ways. I saw your humor, your kindness, your sagacity, and sometimes, your sarcasm (the sisters calling your husband "Bobby" long after he left short pants), all of which became "AJ", the fantastic aunt I had living in Lexington. This impression of you, my experiences with you, will always remain in my heart. Here is a kiss.....an embrace.

Cindy


March 26, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment